|Dukhi man mere
Jag mag karta nikla
Husn bhi udas udas
Chingari koi bhadke
Mere naina sawan bhado
Koi hum dum na raha
Mere mehboob quayamat hogi
Koi hota jisko apna
Woh shaam kuchh ajeeb thi
Badi sooni sooni hai
|S. D. Burman
R. D. Burman
R. D. Burman
S. D. Burman
Mr. X in Bombay
There have been several comparisons about Linux* & Windows systems. After my experience with both, I think the following conclusions can be drawn on broad terms:
- Server side systems: Linux seems to be marching ahead of windows.
- PC systems (New): For new installations, Linux is much easier than Windows. It is easy, fast, comes preloaded with most programs one needs and the best thing is that many Linux based systems can be directly run from CD. In case of Windows, one needs to install drivers and the Programs separately. Here is the screenshot of one of the PCs that I use
- Old PC Systems (Windows): For the systems already running Windows, it may be quite a daunting to task to install Linux separately. One may even risk data loss and can even lose existing Windows installation. An expert help is recommended in such cases.
* Actually, Linux is not an operating system. It is the core of operating system called kenel. The system shown in figure is SimplyMEPIS. This system uses Linux kernel. There are many such systems such as Red Hat, Mandrake, Suse etc. Linux kernel is freely available and anyone can make his/her own operating system based on it. This freeness makes Linux grow much faster than Windows. Linux has become a movement promoting openness in the computing and internet world.
Though Rafi could be a better singer, Kishore is more enjoyable to me. The reason for this has to be other than the basic singing ability. I can see the combination of 3 reasons for this:
- The quality of voice with appropriate harmonics. The word quality has been used in the perspective of physics which means various frequency components present in a wave.
- The emotional/trans content in the voice. Kishore had the unique quality of becoming part of the song while singing it. The audience could feel this subconsciously. One friend of mine called this feature ‘throw’. It is the ‘throw’ or ‘impact’ apart from his voice quality that makes Kishore Kumar unique among all.
- One of the main reasons for the music to be enjoyable is the composition. It has been seen many times that if the composition is great, it does not matter that much who sings the song. Success of remixes proves this point.
These days, changing membership of political parties has become akin to job hopping in companies. If job hopping is all right after all, is there anything wrong in changing political parties? Well, I think there is a huge difference between working in a company and working as a member of political party. When a person works in a company, his/her job is to execute the duties assigned to him/her. The person is rewarded suitably if he/she works well or not so well. There is basic expectation from the employee about ethics like not disclosing the secrets of the company etc. However, there is no ideology involved. It is a question of working towards the objectives of the company and not towards an ideology.
On the other hand, a political party is based on ideology. If a person believes in communist ideology, how can he/she join BJP and vice versa? However, if this is happening then it means that it is not a question of ideology but of objective. Since, parties do accept such transfers, it indicates that the political system is acting like corporate system at least in this respect.
(The article is based on a general thought and has no correlation with any real-life political situation.)