Not in Yoga
Roaming Mind -> Stress and energy drainage as mind keeps on tuning into different things -> Weak Digestion -> Undigested Food/Ama (Toxins) -> Compromised Immune System
Still Mind -> Mind does not tune into different things -> Good Digestion -> No/Low Ama (Toxins) -> Normal Immune System
Note: Self abidance in Sanskrit language is called Swastha which also means good health.
*Yoga means still mind – not a physical posture.
Some ways are as follows:
- Have at least one higher goal in your life which will act as an anchor for your mind.
- Body stress can give rise to mental unrest. Eat according to your body type (Vata/Pitta/Kapha etc.). A very careful analysis may be required to understand your body type probably requiring professional ayurvedic consultation.
- Nature made us to do some physical labour. Make it a point to do some physical exercise daily.
- Experience the sensation of breath above the upper lip every few minutes.
- Be aware of your presence, body sensations and activities of the surroundings once in awhile.
- Periodically mentally say “I Am” or “AUM” and abide in IAmness.
- Periodically watch how thoughts pop-up on their own. Also watch body parts doing various activities. This is witness attitude.
- Relax/Take a Nap/Slow Down. Listen to your body.
- Listen to music.
- Try a herb like Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) for certain minimum duration in consultation with an Ayurveda Doctor.
- Take deep breath occasionally.
- Increase the flow of blood in the brain by bending the head towards the floor after taking Sukhasana posture once/twice a day.
- Accept yourself, i.e. don’t be over critical of yourself.
- Try to develop the attitude of play in your activities.